Friday, September 21

The Smashbook Obsession...

I discovered the Smashbook while wandering around Seattle this summer and poking my head into all manner of funky little stores. Smashbooks are a free-form creative way to scrapbook, journal and save stuff. The pen even has a glue stick on one end!!! So genius!!

I'd been looking for a cool scrapbook for NYC. A few months ago, I had the idea of taking a portable printer and scrapbooking day-by-day - so that when I left ... I would have the memory book done. I also want my guests to write their memories and put some of their pictures in - so I have a total trip kinda thing going.

So in that same timeframe, while enduring an extremely boring F2F, I started googling portable printers (which saved me from literally pulling my hair out strand-by-strand). I found this really cool 3 lb printer that prints one picture at a time right from your phone or iPad! You just dock your phone and click, click, click - whirl, whirl, whirl - PHOTO! The cartridges include ink and paper - so supplies are easy too.

 So between the groovy printer and the Smashbook - I was all set to go.

But I couldn't wait - as we started planning stuff to do during the trip, I started taking notes and keeping it in the Smashbook - it's awesome to have everything in one place. Everyone I talk to shares their favorite places they've visited or where they've eaten - so now I just jot everything down in the Smashbook :)

Every page is a little different and has some kind of cool, funky design - so each guest can pick the pages they like to smash in their photos, words, stickers - whatever!!

It also has little pockets where I'm storing all of our tickets to Broadway shows, tours... and naturally - the Jimmy Fallon tickets (which have their own special pocket).

Sidenote: This post proves my theory that I could totally be a QVC host. Do you see how much I wrote just about this book!?

2 comments:

  1. This is so extreme!!! Are the books very expensive? Will you be able to fit a month of fun in one book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - books are not expensive at all. And I think this books will be the highlights, but will probably have to have a sequel book :) check them out - they are so fun. I got one for Gina for all her retirement memories!

    ReplyDelete