Sunday, November 4

Home Again, Home Again, Jigeddy-Jig!

Home.
It is actually good to be home.
Sometimes when I get home from a trip like that, I'm really sad and wishing I was still away. But I surprised myself last night when I was really happy to be home. Content. A good feeling.

My dad picked me up and took me out to REAL Mexican food for dinner. Ahhhh that hit the spot! I got home and unpacked my FOUR, yes FOUR bags and got everything organized and put away. I have loads of laundry to do today, but otherwise everything is kind of back in order.

I went over to Mom and Dad's to give them some gifts I'd brought them home and, of course, to see the Monti Dog! I really missed him :) I got him an I <3 NY T-shirt and it looked so cute on him. My dad took pics with his phone, so I will post them once I get them from him.

We watched the Jimmy Fallon that Gina, Jules and I went to and in the front audience view, I can pick out Gina because she was under a light. And in the back audience view, I can totally see Julie's hair and sometimes my hands clapping up in the air! Pretty fun. Jules says she was hoping for a front view, but I think we were too far up - but there are lots of nice shots of the back of her head!!! LOL.

On my way home, I stopped by the grocery store. I had been dying to check out the price of my coffee. I normally pay ZERO attention to the price of things, but every time I bought a bag of my coffee in New York, I was so shocked that it was $12.99 a bag!! I kept wondering if I was paying that at home and not noticing or what?!? I was thrilled to find out that, here, my coffee is normally $8.99/bag and is currently on sale for $6.99/bag. Whew! I got the few things I needed and noted that literally the bill was 1/2 what I was paying in NYC in general.

It was fun to drive my car, windows down, cool air blowing in... and nice to sleep in my own bed, too. Although that is more of a sentimental thing because my apartment bed is MUCH better than my home bed.

And now.... the rest of sabbatical awaits. I have very few plans - so we'll see what comes up this month!

1 comment:

  1. Would love to do a painting class with you, maybe a girls night/day out if Geegs is interested. Dad has dates. Love you!

    ReplyDelete