 |
| Loving the orange leaves |
This morning we got a travel advisory from US Airways, so I called and both my and Gina's flights are confirmed for Friday and Saturday. Gina has a driver lined up for tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to use the same guy. So we are good to go, at this point, on getting home.
It will be very hard to leave - I've definitely come to love my little apartment on 8th & 50th and could use one more week to explore and get a few more explorations in, but truly - I've been over-the-top blessed on this trip and all I've been able to do. There will always be a New York City to-do list!!
We checked online to see if the parks were open yet - they are not. So we checked the museums Gina had on her list and the Frick Museum was open, so yay! I decided to walk and meet Gina there. I really enjoyed being able to walk along Central Park - even though it was closed - it was still to be enjoyed from the sidelines. The colors are still changing and it is just gorgeous!
 |
| Geeg welcoming me to the Frick Collection |
Our favorite Belgian Waffle cart was opening, so I decided to breakfast there and have one last waffle & dinges (toppings) and of course... speculoos! SO YUM! It took the poor guy about twenty minutes to get everything going, but it was worth the wait. After breakfast, I got up to 70th St and thankfully G didn't have to wait to long for me.
The
Frick House was built in 1913 by a Pittsburgh industrialist. It's a "gilded age" home on Central Park East. They were avid art collectors. There were amazing pieces from all the major bigees: Picasso, Manet, Renior, Rembrandt, Van Gogh, El Greco, Goya, Valenzuela, Degas - and so on... There were quite a few studies of paintings that are up the street in the Met. But even cooler than the collection was the actual house. I kept imagining what it must have been like to live there back in the day - unbelievable.
After the museum, we walked over to Park Ave. I wanted to explore Park Ave. It was fun to check out all the architecture, shops, and artwork. I walked down to Grand Central Station and checked out the Dining Concourse. I can't believe Mom and I missed that when we were there. Everyone was "plugged in" getting their phones and computers charged. There were lots of neat places.
From there I walked over to the library, which is also still closed since it is part of Bryant Park - over to 8th Ave and back home. Grabbed some lunch and now thinking... "What next!?"
 |
| Central Park closed up |
 |
| Trees down in CP |
 |
| Still so beautiful |
 |
| Love the fall colors... so sad to leave |
 |
| Amazing |
 |
| Empty paths |
 |
| I love you, waffle boy! |
 |
| My last dreamy speculoos |
 |
| Park Ave |
 |
This was in front of a hotel I just liked the way he was sleeping |
 |
| Artwork along Park Ave |
 |
| Big Rat! |
 |
| Loved Park Ave |
 |
| Grand Central Station open, but not as busy as usual |
 |
| Shel @ Grand Central |
 |
| In the Grand Central basement |
 |
| Juniors |
 |
| Making cakes |
 |
| NY Public Library |
 |
| Another lion |
No comments:
Post a Comment