Saturday, November 3

Miracle Month

Yesterday morning, after Gina's driver cancelled because of no gas - I decided to reserve a car service. It's a little more expensive than a taxi, but I figured it was a safer bet. So I got online and made a reservation with Carmel Car Service for 10AM today. I got an email confirmation and that was that.

I never got any other reminders or calls last night which worried me for like a second, but I decided to proceed in faith and know that God had totally come through so far and I didn't need to worry.

I went downstairs around 9:15 to get coffee and look out for the car. Around 9:45 a black car pulls up and I poked my head out the door and said, "Are you from Carmel?" The guys says he is and says, "What's your name?" I tell him and he said, "I"m not your driver. I don't have your reservation, but there's another Carmel guy pulling up behind me - I'll ask him."

It turns out neither one of them had my reservation.

So the first guy said, "Let me go ahead and take you. It's already 9:45 and your driver should've been here." I asked if the other guy was going to get mad and he said, "Don't worry about it - I'll call it in." So off we go to the airport. The driver was super nice and en route, he calls in to see what's going on. It turns out my reservation was never confirmed and was ultimately cancelled. I'm not sure why, but that's what the driver found out.

So, again, I'm so grateful that TWO cars showed up at my apartment when I really didn't even have a reservation. God is good!!

There was zero traffic and there's not many people at the airport, so I got through security quickly. I have 2 1/2 hours to wait, but it's OK. I'd rather be safe than sorry right now...

On another note: we passed one of the gas stations on the NJ Turnpike that had a line a mile long, literally. It extended down the highway. So terrible. I really feel for everyone and pray that the situation is relieved very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment