Please consider donating to the Red Cross at www.redcross.org or you can text the word "REDCROSS" (no quotes) to 90999 to donate $10.
I saw last night that there were people "dumpster diving" for food in some boroughs. In Manhattan, thankfully people can walk to get food and supplies, but the other boroughs are definitely struggling.
Gina had arranged with a driver yesterday to pick her up at 10 to take her to Newark for her flight home. He called today at 7am to let her know he was out of gas and couldn't take her. So she got ready really quickly and we went downstairs praying a taxi driver would be willing to drive her. It took just 5 minutes and a guy stopped and at first said, "no" and I said, "Ok we understand" and stepped back to start hailing another cabbie. He reconsidered and agreed to take her. That is GOD alone! I pray that they make it safely and that the Lord really blesses this guy for helping her out.
I scheduled a car service for tomorrow, but I know there are no guarantees, so I'm just relying on God's mercy and protection to get home safely. I"m really not worried - He has truly protected us in an amazing way and I know He will see me through.
Please do consider donating!
Thanks
loved reading your blog and seeing all the wonderful pictures! Sounds like it was an awesome sabbatical trip even with the storm. You need a "I survived Hurricane Sandy" t-shirt. So glad you and Gina were safe! Love you and can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeletethanks for posting about redcross donations. I did that for Katrina, too. I can't imagine what all those people are going through. Praying for everyone affected by Sandy.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Donna!! Love ya - can't wait to see you :) x
ReplyDelete