Sunday, October 7

A Fine Sunday Indeed

Poor Cindy and Tami had a major problem with their tickets and weren't able to fly out until this morning. But they should be here in a couple of hours - all things considered.

The change in schedule + trains being down for the weekend messed me up for getting to my church this morning, which involves finding my way to New Jersey, so I went to Calvary Baptist which is just about 9 blocks from my apartment. It turned out to be a mostly African-American church. The pastor who spoke is a guy (basically a missionary) from downtown Detroit who was originally from this church in NYC. He had an awesome message from Luke 4. The singing was amazing - a very cool experience.

Incredible Cannoli!
After church, I had some brunch and then went down to Herald Square to shoe shop. I've had TWO pairs of shoes totally bite the dust since coming here. I found what I was looking for at the Skechers store after spending an hour perusing the THREE FLOORS @ DSW! I walked home up 8th Ave, where there is a street fair going on today - likely because of Columbus Day which is celebrated in a major way here. I'm sure there will be a parade tomorrow.

I picked up grilled corn-on-the cob as well as a cannoli imported all the way from... BROOKLYN!!!

It's chilly and rainy today - just how I love it! :)




A procession from the Catholic church

View of street fair from my window



No comments:

Post a Comment