Sunday, October 21

Fighting a Cold

SAM - Sarah, Anni and Michelle (my lovely British guests!)
Well, all this running around and having fun has caught up with me! I'm fighting a cold and feeling pretty tired. I was quite tired yesterday, so after a "proper American breakfast," and getting Kathy off to the airport - I let the girls start exploring the city and I took a nap.

The girls came in about noon and asked if I wanted to go to Central Park - I had thought about that being a good activity for Saturday. There was still a big section of the interior of the bottom half of the park that I still hadn't seen. So we went on our way. Warm, sunny, slight breeze - a perfect day for walking the park.

There were loads of street artists: musicians of every sort, people sketching portraits, guys making giant bubbles and a group of young people singing. So beautiful.

We walked around the Lake, saw the boathouse restaurant, witnessed a wedding and then did a little hiking! There are hiking trails in parts of the park that were really cool. Loved it. We got up to the great lawn and found.... bum-ba-bum... THE BELGIAN WAFFLE CART. We waited in a long line, but it was worth it to get our mini waffles with speculoos (gingerbread sauce) to fortify us for the next leg of our walk.

The trees are really changing color now - it's been fascinating to watch the progression week to week. Fiery reds, oranges, lots of yellow and even some purple leaves were scattered throughout the still overwhelming green of the park.

It was so refreshing to take that walk, but I still needed another nap when I got back to the apartment.

Unfortunately today I'm fighting a sore throat, cough and fever (insert me wailing here) - so I'm going to fully rest today. No exploring. And now that I've made a run to Rite Aid for Airborne, water and soup - no more going out. I have two more guests coming in this week, so I MUST BE WELL!!

Wollman Rink will be open on Monday
So excited!!

Shakespeare

Robert Burns- that's for you, Mom!


Amazing fall color


by the lake

Fountain in front of the lake

Boathouse Restaurant in background
 

A couple was getting married there...

Just finishing our mini-hike

Swedish Cabin - a marionette theater

Belvedere Castle

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! Take care of yourself. We love you!

    PS: Charlie says, " it's nothing to sneeze at" ( ha..ha..ha)

    ReplyDelete