you know it's true
But baby, you gotta believe me when I say,
I'm looking at grey skies
Love has flown all alone, I sit, I wonder why-y-y oh why you
left me stranded, oh Sandy Sandy,
Sandy, why-y-y-y,
oh Sandy
(from Grease)
Gina and I have our water, our flashlights, our candles, our non-perishable food, our regular food, a deck of cards, farkle, a puzzle and markers. We're all prayed up, too!
We're not sure what to expect - it sounds like the worst of it is going to start Monday night and run through Tuesday, but it's hard to decipher the reports... albeit they are constant. We watched the news for awhile, but finally switched to Partridge Family reruns - COME ON, GET HAPPY!! :)
| Finding shelter from the cold wind |
We went to church this morning with the Lusks and it was a really nice morning. We took a taxi to our "drop spot" and it was really cold and windy. Gina found shelter in an old abandoned phone booth until our ride came. The Lusks have an 18-month old daughter named Anwin. She is adorable and just learning to talk - I loved sitting in the car with her during the drive into New Jersey - she's so charming.
The message this morning was about Jesus and the disciples as they crossed the stormy seas and Jesus said, "Peace. Be Still." And the wind and waves obeyed his command. We have a great God who cares for us and keeps us under the shelter of his wings. Come what may - we will be OK. All is good. Peace. Be still.
When we got back into the city, we had a few more supplies to buy - I especially wanted to search for flashlights - everyone was out of them. I walked down to 40th St and asked in about 15 stores and they were all sold out. But I did get our deck of cards and dice and puzzle for entertainment. Gina went to the grocery store and got the few things we needed. When we got back home - we headed out to lunch and I happened to ask a guy in front of a store if they had flashlights and TA-DA! Score... all that walking and the flashlights were 3 doors down! It was a good walk, anyway.
The funny thing to me is that except for the Disney store that was boarding up - everyone on Times Square was Ops Normal. Open for Business. Going to Shows. Taking Bus tours. Even when it was super dark out at 2pm - calm before the storm.
I have decided not to be mad at Sandy anymore.
Oh Sandy.... Why-y-y-y-y!
![]() |
| I wonder if Sandy will rip that tree right off? |
![]() |
| Sunday afternoon - Times Sq - all normal |
| Except the Disney Store - boarding up for Sandy |
![]() |
| 2pm - dark skies |
![]() |
| Big Catholic procession outside my window. I hope they are praying for safety in the storm! |




No comments:
Post a Comment