Monday, October 1

SHE'S HERE!

What a fun day!
I got up pretty early to finish the final things at my house and to get ready to go. Gina spent the night and took me to the airport at 6:30am (thank you, Geeg!)

I had to pay a pretty penny for all my bags, but I'm glad I have the stuff I have with me. After security, I went to the US Airways Club and sat down to relax before the flight. This old lady comes in a with a guy in a suit. I thought, "How strange. She doesn't look famous or even rich. Why does she have an escort?" Soon, another suited guy showed up and they were so, so attentive to her. At one point, she showed them what she was reading in the newspaper and these two buttoned-down guys were bent over, nodding in unison and I kept wondering, "Who is this old lady!?"

I kept watching her and all of a sudden I went, "OH! It's Sandra Day O'Connor!"
And those are not escorts - they are secret service guys!!
I wanted so badly to go over and get a picture with her. I mean, she is a legend! Hello!?!

As the flight time got closer, I ran down to get a magazine and a snack for the flight and sauntered over to my gate as the check-in was beginning. And there's the escorts putting SDO onto the plane. She was sitting two rows ahead of me... in coach. Before we took off, the first class flight attendant came and told her that a lady in first class wanted to change seats with her so the judge could sit in first class and she declined! She talked to all the passengers around her and was so kind to everyone - she was really impressive. What a cool lady!!

The flight was really nice. No one in the middle (whoohoo!) And the lady on the aisle was super nice. We talked a lot which made the flight go by very fast.

The traffic to the city was pretty intense and it took over an hour to get to the apartment. I wasn't quite sure where it was but the taxi driver was so cool and didn't get mad at all. He even backed up into traffic to get me right to the front door since I had so many bags.

This was my first view of the city - if you look really closely, you can see the Freedom Towers going up. Love that!

My apartment is teeny-tiny, but brand new and very cool! It has a GREAT bathroom, which for me - is the most important thing anyway! My guests will be sleeping in the kitchen, basically, but HEY! It's an adventure, people!!


You could basically live here and never leave the 2 blocks surrounding the building because everything is right here. Subway, drug store, grocery store, espresso, deli, gym, 15 different restaurants... everything! Even souvenirs!

And tomorrow night, when I venture out to go see Wicked... I will walk all the way to... NEXT DOOR! Yes!! The theater is literally next door. How cool is that!??!?

See the 830?
That's me!

See right above it?
Wicked!

No comments:

Post a Comment