
Cindy left early in the morning to go to Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island - she did really well navigating the subways and ferries all by herself. She got great pictures and loved Ellis Island especially.
I got Cindy on the right subway and then went to workout in the little gym in my apartment building. It was a nice little gym, actually!
 |
| This was AFTER we'd both eaten all we wanted |
Afterwards, I had done some internet searching and decided to go check out some clothes stores I'd found online. The first place was down in the Fashion District and ended up being a design house, in a tiny 2nd floor office, where you try on samples and then they make you the clothes in whatever colors they offer. It was a little pricey - not HORRIBLE, but more trouble and money than I wanted to spend. But it was pretty cool and I talked to the designers for awhile and learned a lot.
 |
| Arg! YUMMERZ!! |
I got Tami a burger & shake for lunch and then headed back out to the other stores I'd discovered. I found some cute things and was just about to go to Carnegie Deli for lunch when Cindy texted me: I'm hungry! So I walked over to her subway stop and we went to Carnegie Deli together.
We split a Rueben and have enough leftovers for three more meals! We also got chocolate egg creams and a piece of chocolate cheesecake. It was divine! So yummy. We nearly had a heart attack when we got the bill because with tip it was almost $60. YES! SIXTY DOLLARS. I guess you pay for the name :)
It was an absolutely gorgeous day (after 11am) - cool, breezy, sunny. I walked as much as I could today - it felt so good to be outside and be walking in the sunshine!
 |
| Let's see those Jazz Hands! |
 |
| Pickles were tasty! |
 |
| Cheesecake = Happiness |
No comments:
Post a Comment