Saturday, October 6

GRaCE

Last night I went to see a play with Ed Asner, Paul Rudd and Michael Shannon called Grace. I sat by a really nice couple from Nebraska who were in the city for the first time on a long weekend. They thought I was truly crazy for wanting to be here a month. The guy said, "What on earth will you do for a whole month?!?" I said, "The real question is: What will I not get to do in the month!"

The play was interesting. At first, I didn't really like it because it seemed like they were really making fun of Christianity and faith in God, in general. But on further thought, I think what I took away from it is the difference between authenticity in faith and fervor alone. Just fervor is pretty shallow - but true authentic faith is powerful.

When I walked out, I noticed that people were gathered at the stage exit - so I assumed this is where the actors left. The black town cars were lined up on the street as well. So even though I really needed to go to the bathroom and I was starving - I decided to stick it out and catch a glimpse. It took like 90 minutes, but I did get to see all the actors and got some pics. I mostly wanted to see Ed Asner - since I have always loved Lou Grant from the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

The Cort Theater where Grace is playing

Paul Rudd

A girl next to me screamed out at him & he waved

Michael Shannon

Lou Grant!

Ed Asner & a fan

Times Square 11pm - walking home



I've had 4 really late nights in a row, so I am TIRED today!! I think I'm going to have a slow day today. Clean the apartment (which will take me about 20 minutes!!), do some laundry, take a walk in the park and have a LONG nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment