Saturday, October 27

Nice Work if You Can Get it!

Today was a mix of good and not-so-good.

First the good:
My cold is getting better and my cough is a LOT better than the last two days. Yay for antibiotics!!

COOOOOKIES!
This morning I took a really nice walk down to Bryant Park and had a great time browsing the shops and chatting with people. I got a Max Brenner cookie (Chocolate by the Bald Man) which they serve to you warm out of the oven. I also got some lovely hand cream at a shop called Saban and a very cool iPhone cover with original photography by the shop owner - who photographs Manhattan exclusively and then puts his prints on cell phone covers, wallets, along with prints to frame, postcards, etc. Very cool stuff. I watched the ice skaters, but didn't have time to skate because Gina and I went to see a matinee....


Nice Work if You Can Get it!
Super fun show!
It was such a funny play. Hilarious. Matthew Broderick stars in it and he was fantastic. The whole cast was really good actually. They used all Gershwin songs for the play - and it was set during Prohibition times. So it was a lot of ragtime, upbeat music. It was so cute and really funny - we loved it. Every play I've seen has been so different from the others - it's been a really fun experience to go to so many different genres. Everyone has been SO good in their own right.

We had dinner at a French restaurant called Pigalle which was quite yummy. We really enjoyed it and it helped that it was 5:30 and we'd only had time to eat breakfast today.


Now the Not-So-Good:
Hurricane Sandy is messing up my last week - BOO!
First of all, it's supposed to last for two whole days - with major winds and rain and flooding. Apparently lots of things will be shut down like subways and busses. There's a chance of power outage. I've heard that it doesn't happen much at all in NYC - mostly the places that have power lines above ground are in danger of that. But IF they do lose power, it could take days to get it back, so I'm praying that doesn't happen.

Gina's flight was already cancelled so she can't leave until Friday. My last day is Saturday. It's OK - it will be good to not be alone during the storm - but we're probably not going to be able to do the things we already had tickets for on Monday and Tuesday.

So, I am a little sad.

But at the end of the day - I wanted to do something new each day - and living through a hurricane is definitely a new thing for me.

I've gotten candles and extra water and non-perishable food -- so I think we are OK. The only thing we need now is a deck of cards!!

There's a waffle place at Bryant Park
(I passed this morning!)

The Max Brenner people were really worried
about the Hurricane taking their booth out!!


Restaurant at Bryant Park

Love the reflection on the buildings

Ice Rink @ Bryant park


1 comment:

  1. The reflection picture is awesome! Sorry about the storm but at least neither of you need to worry about getting back to work. We will be praying.

    ReplyDelete