 |
| Getting our cheap front row seats |
The "firsts" continued yesterday when my friend, Micheale, suggested we go to TKTS to see about discount play tickets. We decided to try to see Falling, a new off-broadway play about a family with an autistic son. Neither one of us has used TKTS before nor seen an off-broadway play.
The line was really long but it moved very fast. You have to pick 3 shows you want to see and then they let you know what seats/prices they have. We got front row seats for
Falling for $35 each - unbelievable!
 |
| Kung Pao Tacos at V'NYL |
MT took me to a restaurant called V'NYL (Vinyl). Such a cool place - it was music-themed and everything on the menu was named for a musical artist. They are four bathrooms, all with stars on the doors. I picked the Cher bathroom and it's all decorated Cher-like, Sonny & Cher music playing and a little window box with a Cher barbie doll! Pretty creative.
 |
| Theater in the Village |
We took the subway downtown and thanks to the maps on Micheale's phone - found our way to this little theater. The play was super intense. Way more intense than we were expecting, but it was really really good. The cast, director and playwright came out at the end for questions and a discussion about autism. It turns out the playwright wrote this from her personal experience. It definitely gave us a new perspective and I actually learned a lot. On the subway ride back, we had a great talk about family dynamics and how every character in the play was doing their best to solve the problems and help each other.
What a great evening!!
Deb... I finally remembered a food picture!!
It looks scrumptious. You've already packed a month in this first week. I guess the rest is gravy.
ReplyDeleteDeb - you are so right! I'm so blessed!!
ReplyDelete