Friday, October 12

Practically Perfect

Mary Poppins was OUTSTANDING!

We absolutely loved it!!

It played in the Amsterdam Theater on 42nd Street, which is one of the most beautiful, old theaters I've ever been in. The inside was ornate and colorful, with intricate wood carvings on the wall panels and ceilings. The box seats were gorgeous (someday!). Even the seats were upholstered in a flowery fabric that matched the carpet.

CONFESSION: I've never read the book Mary Poppins and I've never seen the movie with Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke.

I know, I know. I'll rectify this situation at some point, but I think it gave me an advantage because I had nothing with which to compare the play. It was all just new and wonderful for me. The stage design was brilliant. So creative. The ensemble dance numbers were absolutely fabulous. You just had to stand up and cheer at the end of them. The best one was a tap number that all the chimney sweeps do in the second act..




Joyful, creative, uplifting - who could ask for a better night out?

1 comment: