Wednesday, October 3

Shop-n-Walk

Today is a bit muggy and overcast - so I decided to do a little shopping. I walked down to Macy's. I love that Macy's!

I spent a couple of hours shopping and gawking at stuff, grabbed lunch and walked back to my apartment. I took different routes - which was fun.

I stopped in Herald Square to take a picture of the clock tower and a police officer started chatting with me. He was so nice. He told me that tons of people take pictures of the clock and when it chimes at noon, people literally run over to get video. That chime must seem so normal to him - as it sounds like that spot is his normal post. How funny to watch tourists run to this clock everyday at noon!



Usually when I come to NY, I'm all about the Italian food, but I've had my usual powerful hunger for Mexican food and I found the yummiest place last night called, Toloache. It reminded me of the Barrio Cafe in Phoenix. The waiter asked me if I spoke Spanish and when I started speaking it, he brought the owner over who chatted with me for awhile - super nice. He gave me free chips and guac! Can't beat that!!!

2 comments:

  1. What? No pics of the food or waiter? You're slipping' girl. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am! I'll try to rectify that!!

    ReplyDelete